Health Insurance For Students
NHIF offers Health Insurance to students of Higher or any other Learning Institutions for the period he/she is a registered student. A student who is a member of NHIF will access medical services with his/her card at any accredited facility throughout Tanzania. This health insurance cover for students does not involve student’s dependents.
Students who are already beneficiaries of the Fund are restricted to register again under this category. Such students will be required to submit their membership ID’s to NHIF’s office for confirmation.
Students will be required to follow the procedures below:-
- Similar to private companies, the learning institution must apply and be registered to the Fund as an employer.
- All students must be registered through their respective Institutions.
- All students must fill NHIF student’s registration form for membership ID production.
- Forms must be attached with one (1) recent colored passport size photo.
- The institution must collect all dully filled forms and submit them to the Fund accompanied by student contributions for further processes.
- All students NHIF membership IDs shall be provided to that institution for distribution.
- For the learning institutions that are not registered with the Fund, the students may apply for membership in groups of not less than 50 students. All other requirements remains the same.
An Institution will be responsible for collection of student’s annual contributions at the beginning of every academic year. The contribution per each student is TZS 50,400/-
Cessation Of Membership
Student’s membership will cease when the following circumstances occur :-
Students will be required to surrender their IDs to their respective institution or NHIF offices immediately after cessation of their membership.