Health Insurance For Students
NHIF offers Health Insurance services to students of Higher or any other learning institutions for the period he/she is a registered as a student. A student who is a member of NHIF will access medical services with his/her card at any certified health facility throughout Tanzania. only
Students who possess membership cards as dependents of their parents do not need to register under this category. Such students will be required to submit their membership ID’s to NHIF’s office for confirmation.
Students will be required to follow the following procedures:-
- The learning institution must apply and be registered to the Fund as an employer.
- All students must be registered through their respective institutions.
- All students must fill NHIF student’s registration form..
- Form must be attached with one (1) recent colored passport size photo.
- Dully filled forms should be submitted to NHIF offices
- For the learning institutions which are not registered with the Fund, the students may apply for membership in groups of not less than 50 students. All other requirements remain the same.
Institution will be responsible for collection of student’s annual contributions at the beginning of every academic year. The contribution per each student is TZS 50,400/-.
Cessation of Membership
Student’s membership will cease when the following circumstances occur :-
- Graduating from the institution
Students will be required to surrender their IDs to their respective institution or NHIF offices immediately after cessation of their membership.
Under this category, dependents are not included.